Sunday, October 24, 2010

Custom Antler Carvings and Other Creations 10-24-10

For those of you that are not familiar with me, my name is Knight C Duerig and I live in King Hill, Idaho and I do custom carving in Deer and Elk antlers. I have also worked with Moose and Caribou antlers as well as Ram’s Horn.
I first began carving antlers back in the mid eighties as a hobby. After getting married in 1987, I dropped the carving for the more important job of raising a family, and then picked it up again in 2003. I’ve been carving fairly steady now for the past 7 years.
Although self-taught as far as carving goes, I have had a small amount of formal training in art: 2 semesters of painting, 2 semesters of pottery and 1 semester of silversmithing back in my college days.
I am currently an active member of the Visual Arts Committee of the Mountain Home (Idaho) Arts Council.
Besides carving antlers, I have also done some wood carving for walking sticks and walking staffs and I work with a wood lathe.
I market my work several different ways…I have my own website, Knight's Crafts, that is basically a gallery of the work that I have done. It can stimulate your imagination. (I like to say that I’m only limited by your imagination.) I keep current items that are for sale on my Etsy site and I show my work at art and craft shows here in Idaho.

Here is an update on my Etsy site.

This past week, I have added three items: a Big Horn Ram carving mounted on an Apricot base, a Polar Bear Pendent and an Apple Walking Stick.

I hope that you will take a few minutes and do some window shopping. If you are looking for something special, I have a gift certificate program. You set the amount you want to spend and your friend gets to have a custom carving done to his or her taste. Just email me for details.

I also mentor online marketing thru the following site: My Team Builder Pro if you’re interested.

Knight

P.S.
I would appreciate it if you would share this blog on Facebook and Twitter.
The links are just below.

No comments:

Post a Comment