Saturday, April 23, 2011

Adding Up Pennies With PTCs, Part 1

Anatomy of a PTC Spreadsheet
(If you have problems reading the sample spreadsheets, hold the "Ctrl" key and press the "+" key to zoom in.)

In talking about leveraging the pennies you earn from your daily surfing thru various Paid-To-Click (PTC) programs, it is necessary to be able to keep track of what you are doing and the progress you are making every day.

I like to use a spreadsheet to track my daily efforts and rewards. I know that you probably know more than I do about spreadsheets, but I’m going to assume that there is somebody out there who really has no idea what I’m talking about, so bear with me while I try to explain things to them.


A spreadsheet is a program that allows you to put data into a series of rows and columns. The rows are numbered (1, 2, 3, etc.) and the columns are lettered (A, B, C, etc.) and any cell can be identified such as cell C5 in the above picture.


The above picture shows how I have my columns labeled. Please notice that the labels are all on row 2. That is because I have a set of formulas in row 1 that add up my daily efforts.


You can see in cell F1 the formula that I put in columns F, G, H and I. This is inserted in the cell by placing your curser in the desired cell and then typing the formula. It must start with the equals sign (=) and it will reference the column that it is in: f3:f23, g3:g23, h3:h23 and i3:i23.


The result is to add up all of the entries in the column from row 3 thru row 23.


Now, I label row 25, columns E, F, G, H and I the same as in row 2.


Next, I insert the formula =$F$1 in F26 and a corresponding formula in columns G, H and I as well. This locks the cells in row 26 to the data in row 1.


Now I have a sample spreadsheet showing that I joined programs A Bux thru D Bux on April 19th and earned 4 cents from each one by reading their ads. Cell F1 shows that I earned 16 cents and that is reflected in cell F26.


After I have completed my surfing for the day, I go to cell A26 and use the keys “Alt I R” which inserts a new row 26, moving all of the other rows down one space.


By clicking on the row number 27, I select the whole row, copy it and paste it in row 26 and then use the “Paste Special – values” function to paste row 27 back in row 27, converting the formulas to numbers.


Next, I insert the formula “=E27+1” in cell E26. This changes the date.


Now I add one more formula to the mix. “=F26-F27” goes in cell D26 and the Column label “Daily Earnings” goes in cell D25. I am now ready for my 2nd day surfing PTC sites


The next day, I join 2 more programs and surf all 6, bringing my earnings to 40 cents (cell F1) and I show daily earnings of 24 cents (cell D26)


After I am done surfing, I go to cell A26 and use the keys “Alt I R” which inserts a new row 26, moving all of the other rows down one space.


By clicking on the row number 27, I select the whole row, copy it and paste it in row 26 and then use the “Paste Special – values” function to paste row 27 back in row 27, converting the formulas to numbers. I am now ready for the next day.

In Part 2. I will start showing you how I track referrals and the money I make from their efforts.

In the meantime, if you want to see the PTC programs that I belong to and promote, you can go to my PTC page.

I have instructions elsewhere on my blog site for surfing several TEs and PTCs at on time here.

If you have any questions, you can contact me:
Knight C Duerig
PO Box 403
King Hill, ID 83633
208-366-2519
kcduerig@kcduerig.com

No comments:

Post a Comment